Connection

Winter Guard Starts Season, Regroups

Varsity Winter Guard kicked the season off at a Clear Lake High School invitational on February 4th. Senior Captains Chaela Hurtado and Alice Huang lead their team well as it was the first time they had performed their new routine.

Hurtado says she was extremely proud Of the team despite their place.

“We did awesome. We did get 5th but we did really great for the first show of the season.” Hurtado said.

The girls were excited to see where their improvement goes however. sophomore, Natalie Jones says she knows what the team has in it.

“I am not happy about the 5th place but I am happy because I know we will only improve from here. I know what our team has in it, and it’s a lot. CBHS varsity winter guard has a lot in store.” Jones said.

Wintergaurd took a new approach this year with two separate teams, a varsity and a junior varsity. Another difference is the theme of their show is slow and filled with calm Choreography rather than upbeat flag and rifle routine.

Aubrey Looney says she loves the new routine and the changes

“I am really happy our advisor gave us a slow dance this year. I love the gracefulness of the dog and the whole show.” Looney said.

The show was filled with slow flag formations and graceful choreography. For more information about winter guard you can talk to Coach Jatho, Coach Rodriguez or head Captain Alice Huang.