Connection

Important Dates for Seniors Loom Closer

Raneem Abukmail, Social Media Editor

As senior year comes to an end, the real work for seniors begins. Between planning for college, graduation invitations, final exams and important dates, it is easy to forget a few things. Here are some reminders for important senior events.

Name Verification: seniors need to meet with Mrs. Chrystal Slivinsky, and sign off to verify their names for their diplomas to make sure that everything is spelled correctly.

May 16- Senior Banquet: Senior Banquet is on May 16th at 6:30 pm, tickets are $20 and senior superlative nominees must be present to win. Voting will be up on Thursday April 9th under the Class of 2018 tab on It’s Learning.

May 21-22: Cap and Gown pick up days during all lunches.

May 22-Senior Awards Night: seniors will be recognized as honor graduates, departmental scholars, scholarship recipients and more in a formal awards ceremony in the auditorium. Admission is free.

May 23- Panoramic Pictures and Senior walk: Panoramic pictures will be taken at 9 A.M. in the band parking lot. Senior Walk spaces are limited, so return the signed permission form to Mrs. Jenny Carlisle as soon as possible. Buses will leave after the panoramic picture, at 10:30 am. Caps and gowns are required for both events and seniors are encouraged to bring honor cords and medals for the Senior Walk.

June 1st- Graduation Rehearsal: all seniors must attend graduation rehearsal from 1-3 P.M. in the gym in order to walk in the ceremony June 3. Seniors will also receive rain plan tickets at practice and have the opportunity to pronounce their names fro the readers at rehearsal.

June 3rd- Graduation: seniors must be on campus by 5 pm to load into buses then drive to Challenger Columbia Stadium for the graduation ceremony.