Connection

Senior-Junior Showdown

Upperclassmen Prepare for Powder Puff

Raneem Abukmail, Social Media Editor

Fundraising for Prom is never so much fun as it is during Powder Puff. From popcorn and candy sales to early morning donuts or afternoon pizza, nothing else has all the excitement of junior and senior girls facing off in flag football as the boys cheer, dance and run for Powder Puff Queen.

“Powder Puff is a fun activity,” senior class assistant principal Mr. Stanley Zavala said. “What it does in general is that everyone enjoys going to it. The proceeds go to mostly the senior class benefits, because we will have the Powder Puff Queens going around and raising money before Powder Puff. The week of, they’ll get to go around and raise money, which will go to the senior class to reduce the price of the Prom ticket.”

One of the senior coaches is linebacker Isaac Guinn. Guinn is confident that the seniors are going to bring a strong game to the field, and claims they have a secret strategy that will take down the juniors.

“We are going to go with what we learned in the season, and kind of have a new defense out there,” Guinn said. “I can’t really tell you too much about the scheme that we are going to do, but it is going to work. I am most excited for the senior class and working with the awesome senior ladies and go out there and get a win.”

Everyone has a strategy that they can bring to the team, whether it is being really fast or knowing the ins and outs of the game. Senior Raiyan Hamilton aims to stay safe, learn and have fun.

“My whole strategy as a tiny person it just to stay up on my feet and not get crushed, but I know we are going to get a lot of help from the coaches on the football team so I am ready for the learning experience,” Hamilton said

The Powder Puff game will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 13 at 6 p.m. on the JV football field.