Theatre Program Debuts Chemical Imbalance

Fall Play Brings Chills in Time for Halloween With Retelling of Jekyll and Hyde

Back to Article
Back to Article

Juniors Vana Salois as Ivy, Austin Ceccacci as Dr. Jekyll and Alaina Sankar as Ms. Plodgett 
 perform in the fall play, Chemical Imbalance.

Juniors Vana Salois as Ivy, Austin Ceccacci as Dr. Jekyll and Alaina Sankar as Ms. Plodgett perform in the fall play, Chemical Imbalance.

Hailey Smith

Hailey Smith

Hailey Smith

Travis Rhodes, Staff Writer

Split personalities, murder and intrigue abound in the fall play, Chemical Imbalance: A Jekyll and Hyde Play.

The play will run Oct. 12-15, with shows at 7 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday with a matinee at 2pm Sunday. All shows are in the auditorium.

Chemical Imbalance is a darkly comedic retelling of the classic tale of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

“It’s really funny and dark,” junior Aaron Stulak, who plays Lady Throckmortonshire, said. “I think people will definitely enjoy the play.”

The cast has been working hard to make the best show possible.

“We try to do our best, people should come to see me,” Joseph Ybarra, who portrays a police officer, said.

Junior Austin Ceccacci, who plays Dr. Jekyll, was optimistic about the show, which faced challenges after a two-week gap in production after Harvey.

“It will go well, we will always pull through and make the shows good,” Ceccacci said.

The proceeds from the play are going to be used to help Harvey victims in the school community.

“People should come to see our talent and all of the money will go to hurricane Harvey victims,” junior Drew Ford, who plays Ambrosia, said.

Tickets are $5 for students with ID and $10 for the general public.